What’s better than authentic Italian food at home? If you’re a pasta lover, you need to try this simple and easy Italian pasta recipe brought to you by the best Italian restaurant in San Diego, Osteria Panevino!
Pancetta and pasta, the perfect pair. All you need for this quick Italian recipe is one pot and one pan! How could it get any easier?
Alfredo might be the famous Italian pasta dish in America, but it has nothing on our creamy carbonara sauce! If you’re looking for the best Italian recipe or best pasta recipe, well you found it here. We serve fresh pasta to San Diego daily and were voted the best Italian restaurant in the Gaslamp District, so we know a thing or two about traditional Italian recipes.
Made with simple ingredients that most can find in their own kitchen, this Italian classic is easy enough for a weeknight meal, but elegant enough to impress on date night.
This is one easy Italian dish to make. Begin by the boiling a pot of salt water, then cooking the Paccheri pasta (or pasta of your choice) in it for 12 minutes until pasta is al dente. While the pasta is cooking, add oil to your skillet and heat it over medium-high heat. When oil ripples, add onion, pancetta, and a pinch of salt to the pan and sauté. Sauté for a few minutes before adding butter.
Once pancetta is thoroughly cooked, pour in the heavy cream, stirring as you go. Now you’ll leave the pan until the dish is simmering, which is when you’ll add 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese and mix it in. After mixing in the cheese, strain pasta and add pasta to the sauce in the skillet, flipping to coat. Finally, you’ll add in the 2 fresh farmed egg yolks by mixing them into the sauce, right before plating the pasta dish.
To view the Youtube video of our chef making this Paccheri Carbonara, click here:
- Half an onion
- 1-ounce butter
- 2 ounces pancetta
- 2 fresh farmed eggs, yolks only
- 2 ounces heavy whipping cream
- Paccheri pasta
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Begin cooking pasta according to package instructions, in salt water
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat
- When oil ripples, add onion, pancetta, and a pinch of salt to the skillet and sauté
- Sauté for a few minutes before adding butter
- Once pancetta is cooked, stir in heavy cream
- Let the skillet simmer
- Mix in 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Add strained pasta to the skillet, flipping to coat
- Mix in 2 fresh farmed eggs right before plating
- Plate as you please